BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 20, 2009

I found my RING!!!













On December 3rd, 2008 in a post called Vanishing ring and fishes (www.sheilanamedsheila.blogspot.com/2008/12/vanishing-ring-and-fishes.html) I wrote about my vanishing fishes (who as a side note have ALL died now, I put my tank away) and my lost Australian ring. Since then I have also lost my grad earrings and my scarf that Sophia made me. All items that I was really disappointed to have lost.Well yesterday I decided I was gonna change my room all around here at my parents place, and just majorly clean it up. This was inspired because my uncle Wes built me a beautiful gorgeous 'bookshelf',(see pic) and I needed a place for it. Its not actually for books, I wanted something that I could properly showcase my partylite candlewear and ornamental stuff. So as I was putting my stuff on my shelf, I lifted up my bowl that has the sand in it from Bondi Beach Aus, and seashells from Mallacoota, (see pic) So I lifted out the top bowl and in the bottom bowl lay my ring! and grad earrings and another necklace. These things were in there for over a year! and I really dont' understand or remember ever putting them in there. Really weird. But I was soooo happy. So now after a year and abit I am proudly wearing my Aussie ring again.(see pic) I wont have to get a replacement whoo!!
On my way back from Steinbach on Friday night, I saw something tragic take place. This would also be one of those times when pictures don't do justice, but I saw that house burn, the police were getting there just as I reached it. I was definetly one of those people who just pulled over and watched and tried not to cry. It was so devastating. I dont know whose house it was although Im sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out, it is Steinbach after all. It was a big house, and it was a huge fire, just seeing the roof start to cave in.. I really feel for whoever it is that lost their home right before Christmas..
Speaking of Christmas, I am one happy happy girl on holidays right now. Today we went skating on some huge pond that my dad learnt to swim in when he was a kid. We made a fire there and had hot chocolate, it was beautiful!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

yay!! I'm so happy for you :)
Your room looks awesome! What an amazing shelf!
fires are so scary... a couple months ago there was a fire in my town and we drove by after it had happened (the firemen were still hosing it down and making sure it was out though) but it just gave me chills and I felt awful for whoever was living there. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to completely start your life over after losing everything... so sad.
Sounds like you had a fun time with your family!! We should skype sometime so I can catch up on how you're doing and how you're liking your new job! (I was very happy to read your last post by the way!)
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

that is a great shelf!! see you at church tomorrow??
-krista