BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I <3 kids

Today one of the girls at work and I were talking about how we expect so much from these little tykes...but when we see them out in public its like wow there so small.. but cuz we're with them everyday we know how much they are capable of. We know our babies can say please and more and all done even though they cant speak yet, (a dear little thing called sign language that works so amazing, and you'll never see someone learn so fast as a little one.) We know that one of our 1 year olds can put on her whole snowsuit by herself.. We know that though those 2 year olds are small and OH SO CUTE... they are so capable and have a huge understanding of what goes on around them. Pretty much the bottom line is Never underestimate little munchkins, they may be small, but they are dynamite none the less. Be careful what you say around them cuz when they find there voice, they'll fire it right back at you.. Be it scolding, swears, expressions, they hear it all, even when you dont think they catch on.
I have no clue where this particluar blog post is going.. I just kinda typing randomly and this is whats coming in the kids department.

I love the rush of December, I love all the parties, concerts, family gatherings, and times with friends. I love having something to go to almost everyday, and I love how Christmas brings so many people together. Oh speaking of Christmas, ITS CHRISTMAS... not HOliday.. Im shocked at how fast they made that switchover of not saying Merry Christmas but Happy Holidays. I hate it.. You can't take Christmas away from Christmas.. without Christmas there wouldn't be the holiday.. so just say it for what it is, and this whole all about Santa Claus, and No Jesus thing pretty much sucks too. If people are offended about Baby Jesus and the real meaning of Christmas, then Im offended of Santa Claus. I dont mind abit of Santa, it kind of cute and has its place.. but when it 100% replaces Jesus then screw it. (something that gets me ticked every Christmas at daycare is that we can't have anything with Jesus in it)If it wasn't for HIM we wouldn't have Christmas. I wish people would understand that. Wow okay sorry this turned into more of a rant then anything...Im not trying to be negative..just strongly sharing my thoughts lol

None the less I love Christmas, I love the love that goes around, and the true spirit of it all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right Sheila :) Man, I miss Day Care! I'm so gad that 'our babies' are being so well looked after by people like you who actually realize the impact us adults have on kids! Keep your light shining :) (even if you can't tell the real Christmas story!)
I was just thinking... isn't it funny that you have a 1 year old who can dress themselves in winter get-up, and at the same time, you have 4 year olds who can't even put on their hat??!!
Anyway, just wanted to let you know I still read your blog and that I'm proud of you and I miss you! Hope you're having a super week!
PS How much time off did they give you guys for Christmas this year??

Anonymous said...

we got the 24,25,26,31,1st off.. i personally requested the 22nd, and half of 23rd off as well.. i have big plans to making a skating rink on my days off, hopefully my motivation will still be there by then
Sheya