BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Day of 2008...


It is the last day of this year today; and I won't beat around the bush- I'm glad 2008's over. Thats probably the first time I've said that too. Usually I hate for years to end.. for example last year I really didn't want it to end; but this year I'm so ready for a new year. A new page, a new beginning, a new start.




As I look back over the year as a whole, I kind of give it a rating; I think probably everybody does that. I dont rate complicated, it was either a good year, a bad year or an amazing year.








2005-





was a good year-LDC happened, other stuff happened, it was just really sweet overall.





2006-





wasn't overly amazing-I graduated and that was cool, but it had some pretty big bumpy patches





2007-





BEST year ever! super amazing! By the end of January I knew I wanted to quit my job, which I did at the end of June, 'washed my hands of it' By April I came up with the thought up going to Australia-by May I got my passport, By June I had my tickets, By July I knew what I was doing out there, So 4 days after the most amazing 5 weeks of Camp, God carried me across the world and tucked me in Down Under, and held my hand and took me through the hugest highlight of my life. I had a few months of not worrying about my future at all, I had no clue what I would do when I got home, and I just didnt' even give a rip about it, it didnt' bother me, didn't phase me. I was in amazing place; hanging out with amazing people on the most beautiful beaches and places, Seeing and doing things I'd never ever done before. Blew my bank account to pieces, it was the sweetest of sweet.







2008-





I think I knew that after coming off such a big high like that it would be hard to return to normal life, 2008 was a year of 1 year anniversaries, except that it was hard to be happy on them, cuz I didn't like that the past was slipping further into the past so fast.





A bunch of my friends got married, which was super exciting, but as each of them gain a husband or wife, I always feel like I lose a friend; of course I don't really.. but it changes things up, and its hard to be left behind.





God and me had a rough year this year, which totally affects so many other areas of life as well, cuz He's what makes life go 'round. I have to learn how to put things into His hands, and trust him with my life, and my future.. instead of trying to figure it all out on my own. Its just always so much easier said then done.





The job was real tough this year-after quitting and telling myself I was never going back to daycare, and then getting sucked back in made my attitude towards it not very stellar. Then when I finally got my foot out the door only to get slammed back in a few weeks later; just wasn't a very pretty moment in life. Although I think daycares gone better in the last month, which is a good thing, Im not quite climbling up the walls anymore.


I've learnt to accept it.





Now for the HIGHLIGHTS OF 2008





March 15-23- I flew to Calgary, to my roomate that I had when I was in Australia.


Saw our Rockies for the first time, went to my first NHL game, went to West Edmonton Mall, It was a good time.


(I could sell this pic to a sports mag or something lol)






Saturday April 26th- I bought 'my baby'


a 2008 Pontiac G5 SE



This was taken the day I brought it home.. why was there snow at the end of April??






May- Chantal 's wedding-which made a bunch of time for us girls to all be together again which was really awesome.


its not everyday you get 6 women in a bathtub



July- BCBC- my one week there turned into 2 weeks cuz you can never get enough of the place. I loved my time at camp this year once again.


Summer and beyond..


I turned 20


I went to my first Bombers Game..finally



the friendships that I have with some people got so much tighter, which was awesome, cuz I needed them so bad. Thanks you guys! Much love.




Tonights gonna be a first-Im spending new years in the city.. gonna see the fireworks!! whoo!



I've got high hopes for 2009!



After all.. odd number years seem to be the better ones for me; although i know that doesn't really apply.




HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new picture :)(Although I liked the old one too!)
I like how you included pictures with your summary of the year!