se So I figured since Im gonna blog about this at some point or another I might as well do it now... it only took my slow interent 1/2 to let me get to this page..carazy thang, just about gave up on it. So these days I've been having a dilemma, I know alot of people have the same one as I do but still when its your life it just seems so much more problematic then when its someone elses.. heres my problem. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE! Im the kind of person that always needs a goal or something to work towards or aim for, something to give me purpose day to day...and I dont know what to do..
I'll be the very first person to say that Im discontent, and this isn't the first time I've found myself in this rut this year.
Earlier this year, especially this summer I was going crazy, I really wanted out of my job at daycare, and start something new in the fall.. so I started checking out the classifieds in the good ol Interlake Spectater, and one day I finally found one that I was excited about, so I applied right aways, and waited and waited.. One Friday when I got home from work my moms like "Sheila great news, they called and want an interview with you tomorrow!" I was like WOw.. i really didn't think they would, cuz my resume doesn't really support that kind of job. So the next day I got all dressed up and went for this interview, they really freaked me out, and I kinda felt like I probably wouldn't get the job cuz I figured there was probably more qualified pple that they were interviewing. But LOW AND BEHOLD, they called me the next day and told me I was the winner! and I was like WOW what a huge answer to prayer! so the next morning I walked into work at daycare and very soberly told my daycare boss (who is like the greatest boss) that I got a new job, but that it was just 3 days a week, so I wasn't ditching daycare completly just goign from full time to 2 days a week. And she was like OK, and took it all very well. So thus I began my new job at Quarry Physiotherapy-receptionist/physio-aide. It was a good time, The first day was like information overload, but from then on I kept learning something new everyday and was actually starting to catch on to the jyst of things. It felt crazy but I figured I'd catch onto everything eventually, the ladies there told me I didnt' have to know everything right aways, but I tried my best to remember EVERYTHING that I was being taught. It seemed to be going pretty good. About 2 weeks in, my boss calls me at work on Friday, and asks if he can call me the next day at home, and Im like okay.. here's my number...I get off the phone and Im like why would this guy want to call me at home, why wouldnt' he just talk to me here, but apparently he's like that. but right aways I went to the physiotherepist and was like 'he wants to call me at home...??? is he gonna fire me or what??' like i was just kinda freaked out why he couldn't talk to me there. He'd talked to me before at work, said i was doing really good, and answered the phones well bla bla bla... She assured me that he's weird like that sometimes, and the day went on and I didn't think nothing of it really until the next day, when he called... AND FIRED ME! well terminating was the word he used. (for not having learnt enough in 2 weeks [which was actually 6 days, cuz i wasnt there full time] he apologized alot, and I was like.. thats ok and I kept saying that it was ok, and then I felt the tears building up and had to get off the phone before he'd realize that I wasn't doing so good on this side of the line. I hung up the phone and my lil sister says jokingly..."you got fired?" and I'm like " Pretty much" and then I went to my room and cried for abit, my mom came in and asked me what happened etc etc etc. After abit I was like " Im ok, this is all ok, obviously this just isn't where God wants me, so he just shut the door, rather firmly but nonetheless shut the door." Yes it sucked, and it wasn't fair, Im pretty sure the reason he gave me wasn't the honest truth, I know I didn't do anything wrong. It just wasn't meant to be. Monday morning came, my daycare boss was really happy to welcome me back on full time, and away we went like nothing had ever happened. EXCEPT that I wasn't too thrilled to be back at daycare just when I was finally getting my foot OUT the door. OH and add a huge speeding ticket, and being stuck on a beach-2 meters away from the lake and having to get a tow truck to come help me out of my embarassing situation, and you can just guess how much I loved OCTOBER 2008! I just feel frusterated that its been a year since I came home from Australia.. and I told myself that I was only gonna work at daycare until I found something else... and now 12 months later.. IM Still HERE. Its not a horrible job, and I still love kids, it makes me look forward to that day when I can have my own babies to look after and raise properly, with morals and values, and DISICPLINE. Its just that I know that daycares not the place for me.. I quit there once already, in June 07 before I went to camp and Aus. but they asked me to coem back and I needed the job, plus I knew what I was doing.
People ask me now why I dont just go do something else, but I dont want to just go do something else, I dont want just a job, I want to do a job that Im passionate about, that I look forward to doing.. I have this motto. " If your not enjoying what your doing (jobwise) then its a waste of life" it sounds harsh and maybe just isn't realistic, but I dont want to be working just cuz I need the money, and hating it all day long, day after day year after year, it just seems like a waste, I really think its important that people find something that they enjoy doing day in and day out. Yes of course we're all gonna have bad days, but when just about everyday is a bad day, then you probably shouldnt' be there. So until I, with God's good help figure out a plan, or a goal or something to aim for it looks like I'll sit tight at daycare a lil longer.
MY OPTIONS:
1. Stay put, but start a photography course on the side, and hopefully get little side jobs taking pics for pple, weddings etc etc its an expensiveish course though, which always makes me hesitant, cuz when things cost lots of money I want it to be worth it in the long run.
2. Move to Australia.. my beloved 2nd homeland, which I love and think about so much everday and miss so incredibly much. Do something like being an aupair.. for 6 monthes, maybe even a year?? It costs even more but I could do it if I felt that its where God wanted me to be. ( Im just worried about what would happen when I'd come back, would I be in the same life rut that I am in now?)
3. Go to Australia.. just for a few weeks, just to visit all my friends there.. go to my roomates wedding in December?? my aunt is a travel agent, I could fly out there on the 8th, but she said theres no flights back before Christmas..) once again really pricey but probably would be worth it to see everybody again, cuz I miss my friends out there alot. But I really want to get God's go ahead before doing something big like that.
These are the 3 things that I've been thinking about the most lately, one day I'll be totally set on one of them, but then I'll sleep on it and be like nah.. and then I'll be totally set on another one, and then a few days later Im like.. but Im not sure if this is the smartest thing either.. Even now as I write this Im battling in my mind why I wouldn't just hop on a plane and head down under for some sunshine in December. I wish my bank account was bottomless, and that I didnt' hate spending money..
These are my thoughts of restlessness.. God bless you if you actually read through this whole thing.
So long, 2019
6 years ago
2 comments:
I did. Tehehe. I will pray for you, and I hope you will figure out what you should do! My advice is to travel, it always is!
Check your Facebook for my proposed solution to your photography dilemma.
Post a Comment