BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week number 2 part 2 my rant

Ok so on Tuesday we were all honky doory, but once again, by Friday, I was like get me outta the city I need some wide open spaces. I developed some severe road rage by the end of the week, if I was driving a beater I could have purposely smoked into some pple. I just got so fed up with the driving in the city, constantly going from brake to gas to brake to gas,, your foot actually hurts after awhile, and people are constantly almost hitting you, like all the time your slamming your brakes cuz pple are being dumb. I love it how when someone almost hits you by cutting your right off and then gives u this sweet apologetic wave in their rearview mirror,.. yeah no problem, by all means, feel free to almost hit me all the time. hence why today I promtly went to go switch over my car insuarance so that it will be ok for the city. The jobs going alright its not all glam but it has its moments of great brightness, I had a pretty lax week. The highlight was definetly the kingsize temper tantrums at McDonalds, I just smile now when I think of it. Baby in one arm, parkas, diaper bag, purse in the other, 1 child playing, and one having a serious serious meltdown. Ive never felt so much like a mom in my life, as I did when I took them to McDs. cuz of course in a public place like that everyone assumes u are the mom. Long story short, Im as stubborn as a rock and I dont mind if the kid wants to scream at the top of there lungs in a public place, I wont give in. Im far far to stubborn. (I also had un imaginable bucket loads of patience this day which helped alot) In the end I had them all dressed up and out to the car in no time. I was pretty pleased with how well I handled it. We might even do it again sometime. Interesting fact: I wasn't embarrassed. Ive heard lots about how its embarrassing when your child throws a massive temper tantrum in a public place, but I think when your the nanny and not actually the mom, it makes a difference. I felt pretty calm about it. Sure I wasn't happy, and the child went straight to bed as soon as we got home, but I felt like I had handled it alright. I think a big saving grace was how calm baby was, if there was more then one child having tears, then I may have lost my mind a lil sooner.but yes that was my highlight. Oh and the other highlight was finding a big ol parking ticket on my car at 630 that morning, it was just bound to be a great day!!!! hence why I ate almost a whole white chocolate easter bunny and strawberry milk while watching Bride Wars in cheap seats with Krista, which was probably my realistic highlight. So this is my rant. Hope you enjoyed. I believe my attitude towards the city still has a ways to go.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hang in there Sheila! You're going to be OK. . .

Anonymous said...

it was great watching you eat your white chocolate bunny. im glad i found it for you! :) we should do it again sometime!
-krista