I know its kinda clique to say that you have the best parents etc, and Im not gonna force it on you this time around either, because I know most people claim to have the best parents, and thats good, its how it should be.
I do however believe that I do have amazing parents, and these are my words for them. I think they have done a stellor job raising me and my sisters, and I want to parent my kids the way I was parented, cuz I figure I turned out pretty good.
I claim to be a daddy's girl, my dads my best man for always. He's my bestest guy friend. I can think of so many times growing up that my dad was there for me when I needed someone to talk to. Im not scared to tell him anything, Im pretty sure he knows about every crush I ever had, he always knows who to bug me about. Dad knows me well, we're alot alike in the way that we think about somethings, and therefore have mutual understandings about stuff. My dad works hard, which is something Im hoping to inherit yet.. when he does something he does it right and good the first time around, none of this half effort stuff, its either done, or not done. Im hoping to inherit that as well. Sitting here in my bed, I look around my room and I see my dresser and bedside table and they are both something that he's built or fixed up, just the way I wanted them. I see my shelves that he put up, and I see my roses that I got for Valentines from him, and my valentines card that he wrote in so specially. Dad sacrafices.. he comes home from work wicked tired, but when we need him to do something for us yet, he often will. Like today my mattress came in from Sears((oo so exciting!!) and so as soon as he walked in I was like Dad we gotta go pick up my mattress, and I dont think he was too excited about it but he did it still. Once again he made sure it was done right, none of this winging it and just hoping it wont fall apart. Oh and did I mention that Dad helped me pick out this grand ol mattress, and also is financially supporting it? Dad always gets the firewood, I notice it all the time, he comes in, and asks if theres firewood, and then he always goes and gets it, its something that any of the rest of us could do, but he does it, everyday. Dad dances with me on Sunday afternoons, he's my financial advisor, and my co-hockey watcherer. He's my car teacher, he's my support, and encourager, he's my comedy, he's my moms husband, he's my venting ears, he's my father, and he's my daddy; and he is a good man.
I came home today from picking up the beloved mattress, and my mom took me to the side and led me to my room, and on my bed was bags full of kitchen stuff. Pots and pans, a mixer, glasses,measuring spoons and cup, spatualas, and flipper things, a knife, a recipie book, tea towels and dish cloths, containers etc. Pretty much it was like Christmas all over again. Happy Showers! my mom is amazing, I know this was part of her whole tradition of when we move out she'll buy us the first groceries type thing, but I didn't expect this much, she just goes all out. My mom is the most generous person, I hope to inherit this from her yet, She gives so much to us girls, so much support, so much encouragment, in everything ive ever done Mom backs me up on it 100%. She's my biggest fan, and I can always spill my heart out to her. I dont remember her having ever lost her temper at me, she is a wonderful woman of God, and always does her best for her family.Even when she's not feeling well, she'll still try to make the home nice for us. Mom is a peacemaker, she doesn't like conflict-this IS something I have inherited from her. She doesn't fight people. She's not rude. She's super patient. She loves. She does what she can always to help. She works hard. She's my friend. She's my mom.
I love you both so incredibly much, I'll miss coming home to you everyday after work, but the weekends will always come already.
So long, 2019
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment