BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 29, 2009

So I did make it through my first week living in the city. It definetly had its ups and downs,
Tuesday would of been one of the downs and you may have been able to tell from my blog. Im pretty sure that all the things that could have gone wrong this week did, and so now hopefully thats all behind me; and from now on things should get a lil easier... HOPEfully. Heres my recap: MOnday, went pretty good, Tuesday was the day that I was just hating the city, I just wasn't believing that I made the right decision at all. Then we got the snow storm, which is like my driving nightmare, its one things to be spinning and sliding out in the country, but when your trying to get from place to place in the city, with tons of vehicles around you, theres no room to be sliding around.
Thursday... oh Thursday. Worst morning ever, I had left for work extra early cuz of the bad roads, and so that was alright,I living on Ness and I have to drive to Pembina, but after awhile I was like wow its taking me a long time to get to work today, So I started rehearsing my late speech in my head as I usually do when I feel like I might not make it on time.(At least in the country if your running behind you just step on it and make up for it that way and then your fine lol) not so much in the city. So Im driving and driving and driving, and all of a sudden there in front of me is a Sears sign, meaning that I had officially reached ST VITAL MALL. I was like "You have GOT TO BE kidding me" I missed Pembina, not by a little bit but by a long shot. Driving past Pembina without noticing it is like driving past the Effiel Tower and not seeing it. I have never been so mad at myself in my life. I was 20 minutes LATE. and you know what the icing on the cake is? It was my bosses FIRST day back to work, so because I was 20 minutes late, it made her 2o minutes late, ON HER FIRST Day!!! the stupid thing is is that its not like I didn't know where I was going, I'm totally famlier with that area and Pembina and so on, i'd been doing it all week to. It royally baffles me how I could go past all the huge signs, and under the bridge without noticing. Im still kicking myself, but now its better cuz my boss was super good about it, wasn't ticked and was super forgiving. Friday was good day, I had my bags packed and in my car so RIGHT after work I came home, it was so beautiful getting out of the city, to see Winnipeg's skyline behind me and wide open highway in front of me, it was good. I'll leave today after supper to go back, Im feeling much better about it all already. I know I may never like being a city girl, but as long as my attitude is ok, I think the whole thing has some potential to be a really good experience, I can't wait till its nicer outside cuz then I wanna take the kids out more, hopefully the days will go by a lil faster then too. I do still find them long and a lil lonely, It still is really hard not to have adults to talk to through out the day. So when I get back to the apartment Stacey and Alyssa usually get a big ear ful from me just cuz Im so glad to talk! lol They are great roomates! I'll try to get my yakking under control though lol

Note to city people. Call me, lets do something. I need a social life.

I just got back from a good ol long run with my sister, my lungs are burning, Im not used to running in the great outdoors, but its so nice to take in all the countryness before I head back.
Im still thinking about joining a gym in the city, cuz I feel or should I say my body feels suckish after just quitting it. I passed my Riverton gym membership over to my co-worker Debbie.Anybody know good gyms in the city, that dont cost a million bucks to join?

0 comments: