Yesterday morning I woke up about 5 minutes before I needed to BE at work; so going into panic mode I called work and said, I slept in, I'll be late. Then I tried to get to work, I didn't make it very far before I realized that I was probably not gonna make it all the way down my road even, and I knew I wouldn't be able to turn around either..and then I was done realizing and just got real good and stuck in the middle of the road. So I called my boss and said "Im stuck in the middle of my road right now, I dont think Im gonna make it unless the snow plow comes through, and once I shovel my way back home.." So I shovelled, and for once I was very glad I had left a bunch of stuff in my car cuz there was a wicked wind and it was down right freezing out there, and sure enough I pulled out some skipants and a toque. After much shovelling, I decided I needed a plan, cuz I wasn't gonna shovel the whole mile back to my house. I had a very smart realization. The wind was blowing really hard making the snow on the one side of the road alot shallower.. so I figured if I could get over to the other side of the road I could back my way home. God said"this idea is good" and therefore I made it to the other side of the road and began backing down the very edge of the road, one wrong move meant I was in the ditch, This worked for quite a ways, but then the grass line that i was using as a "do not cross or your in the ditch" disappeared and it didn't take long and I was dipping into the ditch stuck once again, At this point my sister and my aunt came walking down the road and helped me shovel and push myself out. Then I backed the rest of the way home. The End. As much as I hoped not to get stuck this winter, seeing it was March and I still had a clean record, it was kinda inevitable. The snow plow never came, so I had the whole day off from work. To make up for it I went back to Hecla today, helped my mom in the laundry department, I wore better shoes this time and I was fine, I also just wanted to redeem myself for my painful Valentines day. Afterwards Mom Christy and me went swimming in all 5 pools, the mineral one was our personal favorite, my skin feels amazing now. the waterslide is pretty wicked. It was a good way how to cap off the working day. Oh and if you haven't seen the rooms at Hecla.. wow never seen rooms like that before, totally different then your standard hotel room. I really wanna sleep there. well bless your heart if you actually read through this fully detailed report of nothing super interesting. dont forget your daylight savings tonight.
So long, 2019
6 years ago
2 comments:
i read every word, sheila dear... great getting stuck story!
hi sheila!!! it sounds as though you didnt have much of a choice but to get stuck with the roads plugged up and what not-if i have to get stuck that is how i want it to happen (not by backing straight into judiths ditch when her driveway is clear and getting a tire up in the air...)lol how embarassing...for judith. (jk it was me)
Post a Comment