Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile, between just not taking the time, and not having the time, and it not letting me sign in so I just give up, its definetly been awhile since I blogged, and much has happened in the week and a half. So Im just gonna put it in point form and spare some of the details of it all.
Monday, Feb.23rd.
I got a voicemail from one of the moms, confirming that yes I got the job for sure! Its mine if I still want it. I was at work when I got the message, so a couple hours later when I worked up the courage I went into my bosses office and quit my job. {Point of interest: this is the 2nd time I have completly quit my job here, last time it was February 26, 2007. Feb of 2008 I was also on the verge of getting a new job at Hecla. I think my boss should have always been scared when February came around lol, its just funny hows its worked this way.}
None the less my boss took it super well like she always does, I really wouldn't have had to worry about it as much as I did.
I didnt tell my co-workers till this week Monday. I think I surprised them, but most of them are super encouraging about it. So that made it nicer.
I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the city,
Thursday was a mix of shopping, doctors appt, and getting together with friends, Friday and Saturday I went and did 'trial days' at one of the nanny houses, just to get to know their routines and stufff well mom was still around, I think my job there will be just fine. The kids are super cute, and soo good compared to what I deal with at daycare sometimes. I also figured out my route from Alyssa and Stacey's to work, and the drive took me less time then I thought it would so that was really good too.
On Friday, I went and bought a laptop, I think I got a pretty good deal on it, I twisted the guys arm abit, told him I wanted a cheap laptop but not a cruddy one. So far I really like it, its bad for my facebook addiction now cuz now I bring it into bed with me.lol. This is my first blog entry typed on my laptop, tis fun.
Well I think thats all for now. I move to the city in 17 days. which is gonna come so fast, Im already in panic mode, thinking about ALL the things I need/should do before I move. Im thinking Im gonna keep alot of stuff here at home, just so that when I come home on weekends that it still feels like home. Well tata for now. Thanks to whoevers been thinking/prayin for me, I really appreciate it and it definetly helped me make my decision.
So long, 2019
6 years ago
3 comments:
Sheila! this is SO exciting!!! I am super duper happy for you!!! We'll have to set up an msn date one day when I have internet at home k?! I love ya and miss you lots! I now you'll be an awesome nanny!!
hey city girl
hope the move goes/ went well
praying for you hope to see you when i get back
camp?? haha
Sheila, we will miss you, but this is going to be a good experience for you. You are going to be such a good nanny and the kids will love you to pieces. I also think you'll learn to enjoy the city, but please come home once in a while.
Post a Comment